Monday, July 11, 2011

5 weeks old!

The past five weeks with Blakely have been amazing and in a way, very surreal. My entire life, I've known that I wanted to be a mother and sometimes I cannot believe that time has come for me. Kevin and I have really enjoyed our little girl and are soaking up every moment with her. I love being a mother and cannot wait to see how our beautiful girl continues to grow.
She loves bath time and completely relaxes every night when it's time to take a bath!
with cousin Lexie Kate
    

"Excuse me. Can you please wake up so we can play?"
They are 12 weeks apart but I think that Blakely will soon catch up to Lexie in length.
Auntie Amy came to visit me!!
I am mesmerized by my Auntie!






I love when Auntie Amy talks to me!

One month highlights
  • Blakely still spends the majority of her day sleeping, although she is starting to become more alert during the day.
  • She is a really great sleeper and typically goes 4-5 hours between feedings at night...which makes mommy happy. :)
  • She sleeps in a swing next to our bed but sometimes has a hard time going back to sleep after a nighttime feeding. At those times, I put her in the bed with me and she falls right to sleep. She just loves to be near her mommy!
  • She started smiling at 4 weeks but only does it every now and then. The first person to make her smile was her daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Blakely is adorable! Reminds me of my little girl when she was a baby.. I miss those days! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete