Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2 Months Old!


 I cannot believe that Blakely is now two months old. Where has the summer gone?? The past two months with her have been amazing and it has been incredible watching her grow.





with Mary Beth
Last Thursday, on her two month birthday, she and I traveled to Greenville, SC so she could meet all my childhood friends. A friend of mine from Richmond, Mary Beth, was wonderful enough to go with us since Kevin couldn't get off work. It was so wonderful seeing all my friends and I loved that they got to finally meet Blakely. On Saturday, they threw me a "Sip and See" baby shower so that church friends could come and meet her. It was awesome seeing everyone and Blakely got a lot of wonderful new clothes and toys.



My wonderful hostesses




with her Pops
After the shower, we traveled to Anderson, SC to meet my grandparents and cousins for lunch. Although two of my grandparents had already met Blakely, my mom's dad got to meet his great-grandchild for the very first time. She slept through most of it, but I'm sure she felt all the love from her great-grandparents. 

We returned home on Monday to a present that Kevin bought Blakely while we were away. I think she still has some growing to do before she can use it, but she will love it once she is a little bigger.
Two Month Highlights







  • Blakely has definitely started smiling and cooing a lot. She loves it when her mommy makes up silly songs and sings them to her. 
  • She is still a little fussy in the evenings and we've figured out that milk products bother her little tummy. Unfortunately, that means no milk or ice cream for mommy. :(
  •  For the past 9 weeks, I have had the wonderful privilege of taking Blakely to work with me. Although it was a little hard at times to get work done, it was very much worth it to have my little girl with me. Starting next week, she will begin staying with my mother-in-law every day as I start a new job. I will miss her, but there's no doubt she will get lots of love from her Nana!

  •  She got to go swimming for the first time at 8 weeks old. Our neighbor bought her a bathing suit and Kevin took her swimming in his parent's pool. She was only in the water for about 10 minutes but she had a great time swimming with her daddy!

  •  Blakely has now transitioned out of our room to her crib after a little accident occurred last weekend. While we were in Greenville, she slept in her swing, which is where she has slept since we brought her home from the hospital. It is very low to the ground and she has always slept great in it. On Friday night, I was sitting around talking with friends and she was in the next room sound asleep. All of a sudden, I hear a horrible cry and rush into the room where she is sleeping. I see the swing moving but Blakely is not in it. She had managed to push herself out of it using her feet and the swing flipped her backwards. I completely panicked and felt absolutely horrible. About 15 seconds after I picked her up, she was fine and back asleep but it took about 30 minutes for my heart to finally stop pounding. Two of my friends that were there are also mothers and helped reassure me that accidents happen and I can't beat myself up for them.
  •  She has started sleeping in longer intervals at night. She goes to bed around 9:30 every night and sleeps anywhere from 4-6 hours before she needs to eat. After I feed her, she immediately goes back to sleep for another 3 hours. I'm hoping she'll start sleeping through the night completely before I start teaching in September.



Happy 2 months old my sweet girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment