Five months old is such a fun age!! Blakely is doing so many new things and I definitely think this is my favorite age so far!
We got the go ahead from the doctor to start giving her rice cereal this month and she absolutely loves it! Of course she makes a huge mess when she eats and more of it gets on her than in her mouth.
- She rolled over for the first time yesterday!
- We still swaddle her at night but we are trying to break her of that habit so she won't become dependent on it. She is starting to love to sleep on her side.
- At her appointment last week, she weighed 14 pounds even.
- She is grabbing at toys and today, reached for me for the first time!
- She loves talking and is a non-stop babbler. I really think her report cards are going to say "Excessive talker" when she gets to school. :)
- She LOVES playing with her cousin Lexie Kate! And as you can tell, Lexie just loves kissing and hugging on her Blakely.
- It is so funny to watch her play in her bouncer. She can just barely touch her feet to the ground so she leans to the left so that one foot touches and then starts jumping with her one foot. Kevin calls her his little Riverdancer.
- For Halloween, Blakely went as a baby duck! It was the cutest thing ever. We didn't get to go the Fall Festival at Kevin's church because of rain, but we enjoyed visiting his parents and grandparents so they could see her cute costume!
- Lexie Kate was a baby daisy. She loved hugging all over Blakely and couldn't keep her hands off her!
Blakely, you are my precious angel girl! You are the light and joy of mommy and daddy's world!