Sunday, January 15, 2012

6-7 months!


Christmas morning!
I've been a little slack in putting updates for Blakely so I'll combine 6 and 7 months. She has done so much growing lately that I'm beginning to see her go from baby to little girl. I tell her every day that she needs to slow down a bit. :)

For Blakely's first Christmas, we had all sorts of family come in from out of town. My parents came from South Dakota, my brother came from South Carolina, and my grandfather came from Atlanta, Georgia. It was so wonderful having everyone here! The day after Christmas, I drove with Blakely and my parents down to Atlanta so we could spend some time with my parent's families. Kevin had to work so he wasn't able to go. We were there for a week and had a wonderful time. Blakely enjoyed getting lots of attention and my parents enjoyed spending so much time with her. On New Years Eve, we drove back to Richmond and they flew back to SD on New Year's Day. As always, it was hard telling them goodbye but we have already made plans to go out there in April so it won't be too long before we see them again.

Silly Daddy!
Now for a few Blakely highlights. She is now a rolling machine and will go from one side of the room to the other in no time. I have to keep a very close eye on her and will need to start baby proofing the house soon. She is scooting backwards a lot but has yet to figure out how to go forwards. I think it's hard for her since we have hardwood floors throughout the house. She does this funny thing where she gets in a pushup position and then goes into the yoga pose downward dog. I'm thinking she will crawl using her feet rather than her knees.

with Daddy and his cousins
We've been trying all sorts of new foods lately. She loves bananas and pumpkin. She's not so sure about blueberries and peas but I make most of her food myself so I think it's the textures rather than the taste that she's not crazy about.  She still doesn't have any teeth but that's just fine with me since she likes to gnaw on my fingers. Teeth would make that much more painful.
Blakely with Lexie Kate

She's still not sleeping through the night although we are starting to make progress. She still wakes up at least once a night to eat around 2-3 am. The doctor said that as long as I keep feeding her at night, she's going to keep waking up. So I guess I'm encouraging the behavior but some nights it's just so much easier to give her what she wants and get her back to sleep so mommy can get some sleep as well.
"Hey buddy! You still down there?"

A few weeks ago she started saying da-da all the time but has yet to say mama. Kevin absolutely loves hearing her say da-da and I know it will totally melt my heart when she says mama for the first time.
As always, she is the joy of our lives. Watching her grow and learn new things is the highlight of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment