So I'm a little late in getting this update done but better late than never. Blakely will be one year old in two weeks and I cannot believe how fast this year has flown! She has truly made this one of the best years of my life. Here are some highlights and new things she is doing now.
- She is walking really well as long as she's holding on to something. I don't think it will be too much longer before she takes off on her own.
- She is standing by herself now for a few seconds at a time. However, when she realizes she's not holding on to anything, she quickly sits down for fear of falling.
- She's eating a lot of solid foods now. I still give her some food from a baby jar since she only has two bottom teeth, but I'm trying to introduce her to new foods every day.
- Speaking of teeth, Blakely has had the same two teeth for about 5 months now and I've been wondering when she'll get more. Just yesterday, I noticed a new little tooth poking through on the top. I'm hoping some more are just around the corner.
- Sleeping is still not great but we're working on it. She goes down in her crib every night, but about an hour later wakes up and wants to get in bed with me and Kevin. Once she's with us, she sleeps pretty well through the night. My goal is to use this summer while I'm not working and get her used to sleeping through the night in her crib. I know it may mean lots of getting up and rocking her at first, but since I'm off work it won't be as difficult to give up my nights. Hopefully it won't take long to get her adjusted.
- She is into absolutely everything!! Her favorite "toys" are my 10 seasons of Friends. She loves to pull them off the DVD shelf and scoot them around the floor as she crawls. Her favorite room in the house is the bathroom. When I walk away from her and come back to find she's gone, I know she's in the bathroom playing. She loves to stand up against the tub and put her hands in whatever water has been left there from the shower. However, I try to keep the bathroom door closed as much as possible because I have found her digging through the trash and sticking her hands in the toilet.
- She is wearing 9-12 month clothing (but mostly 9 month) and is petite for her age. Her last couple of visits, she has been in the 25 percentile for weight and height so I'm curious to see if that's changed at her next visit.
- She is talking so much now, although only she can understand what she is saying. She is definitely saying "mama" and "dada" but everything else is her own language. However, she is using a lot of voice inflection now as if she's trying to really have a conversation when she talks.