Sunday, May 18, 2014

38 Weeks

Homestretch baby...and surprisingly I'm not as uncomfortable or tired as I thought I'd be!
I'm still working, although being on my feet most of the day makes me very tired. My students have gotten use to me doing most of my teaching from a stool in the front of the room. This will be my last week, so hopefully I'll make it all the way to Friday. 
The nesting period has set in and I'm slowly starting to put baby things away.  Unfortunately, I'm not as on top of things as I was during my first pregnancy. With Blakely, everything was put away and the nursery was totally ready when I was 34 weeks pregnant. With this baby, the crib still has not been converted back from a toddler bed and there is junk sitting in the middle of the nursery. Oh well, I guess it will get done eventually. 

The good news is our master bathroom renovation is almost complete! So after 5 months of all of us sharing one bathroom, Kevin and I will hopefully have a fully functioning adult bathroom separate from the kids before Rowan arrives. 

My induction date is set for May 27 so at the most, I only have 9 days of pregnancy left. I'm so ready to meet my little girl but am also enjoying this last full week of sleeping through the night and having some extra time to myself when Blakely naps. 

This will probably be my last pregnancy post, so here's one last list of pregnancy stats!

How far along: 38 weeks
Weight Gain: about 33 pounds
Cravings: everything, especially cookies
Annoyances: not being able to easily shave my legs, having major difficulty picking things up off the floor, non-stop bathroom breaks
Sleeping: Great! (although sometimes I have to sleep on the couch because it is a harder surface)
Movement: smaller movements during the day but major activity around 7:00pm
Things I miss: eating sushi, having more than 5 outfit choices and one pair of pajamas that fit, walking around the neighborhood on a daily basis
What I am most looking forward to: seeing Blakely's reaction to her new baby sister


No comments:

Post a Comment