Thursday, October 21, 2010

Out with the Old, In with the New

Husbands are so wonderful because they can do things I can't. Such as...

We've been doing some remodeling on the house since before we got married. We live in a 70's style house and many of the fixtures, wallpaper, and other such things have been in the house since it was built. Since Kevin is an electrician/handyman of sorts, there's a lot of the remodeling he can do by himself. Well, ever since we got married I've been complaining of the light fixture in our bedroom. I wish I had a picture, but I don't. Just imagine the absolute ugliest, gold platted, low hanging chandelier you can imagine and then picture it hanging above a bed. Ugly, right??
I kept asking Kevin to put me in a ceiling fan and he kept refusing (mainly because he said I was nagging). So on Monday night, I had an event at the seminary to attend and Kevin said he had a big surprise for me when I got home. I was expecting all the dishes to be done or the laundry to be folded. But when I walked into our bedroom, the most glorious and spectacular ceiling fan was hanging above our bed!
Ok, maybe I'm being a little overdramatic but isn't that what being a woman is all about!!

50 Marriage Promises (Part 3)
21. Compliment twice a day
22. Call during the day
23. Slow down
24. Hold hands
25. Cuddle (Take note Kevin)
26. Ask for each other's opinion
27. Show respect
28. Welcome the other person home
29. Look you best
30. Wink at each other
31. Celebrate birthdays in a big way
32. Apologize
33. Forgive
34. Set up a romantic getaway
35. Ask, "What can I do to make you happier?"

No comments:

Post a Comment