Wednesday, February 09, 2011

One Fabulous Year


One year ago today, my precious husband asked me to be his wife!! It's hard to believe it's been an entire year already. I will never forget that very special night. I knew the proposal was coming soon because we had already set a wedding date (yes, we were one of those couples). He took me to the restaurant where we had our first date and I kept waiting on him to pop the question but he seemed so relaxed that I convinced myself he wasn't going to ask.
I remember a few times during dinner, he kept leaning back and putting his hands in his coat pocket. Each time he did, I would lean in and wait for the question, only to have him smile at me and then pull his hands out and keep eating.
Finally, he asked me in the pouring rain once we got back to the car. Even knowing the proposal was coming, nothing could have prepared me for the wave of emotions I felt once I realized that we were actually going to spend the rest of our lives together.
The past year has been so amazing and filled with lots of love. There have definitely been moments of high stress (mainly due to graduation and wedding planning) but I wouldn't trade those moments for anything in the world.
Kevin, I love you and thank you so much for asking me to be your wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment