Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Rowan: 1 Month


Today marks 5 weeks since our precious Rowan Claire entered the world! We are all adjusting to life with two kids and big sister Blakely has been such a tremendous help. She absolutely loves her new baby sister and wants to help whenever we will let her. If Rowan cries, she rushes to put her pacifier back into her mouth and if I am feeding Rowan a bottle, Blakely wants to be the one to hold it. She will also throw dirty diapers away if asked (which Mommy loves).
So far, Rowan has been a very easy baby and usually cries only when she is hungry or dirty. She averages about 4 -5 hours of sleeping between feedings during the night. However, last night she slept for 6 1/2 hours so I'm definitely hoping that trend continues.
She has a huge appetite and always seems to want just a little bit more. I weighed her the other day and she weighs about 9.7 pounds which is almost a 2 pound weight gain from her birth weight. Unlike her sister, I don't think putting on weight will be an issue for her.
She loves being held and feeling her little face snuggle into my neck is the best ever! She is waking up just a little bit more every day and I love those moments when we just gaze into each other's eyes. I'm trying to get a little smile out of her but no luck yet. Hopefully within the next two weeks I'll get one.
Life with two kids has definitely been double the work but also double the fun! I'm so thankful to be the mommy of my two precious girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment