Monday, April 18, 2011

Melt In Your Mouth Butter Cookies

The other day I was craving something sweet so I started scouring my cookbooks for something simple and delicious. I found a recipe that didn't require me to go to the store (always a plus) and looked wonderfully scrumptious.
I made about 40-50 of these little cookies (and it is important to make them little because they are super sweet). Kevin's response was, "Oh man, that's like the best thing you've made since we've been married." After less than 24 hours, there were only 3 cookies left so obviously they were pretty good. Ok, confession.....Kevin didn't eat them all. I probably had about 15-20 of them. I will definitely be making these again very soon.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup of butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
  • 2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup of confectioner's sugar
  • 1 cup (or more if you'd like) of chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Melt butter in a microwave or double boiler; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; stir in butter mixture and chocolate chips (mixture will be crumbly).
  2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. 
  3. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment