Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Blakely 13 Months


I've been debating whether or not to keep doing monthly updates on Blakely since she has reached 1 year old. I finally decided to keep doing them until she turns 2 for two reasons.
1. She hasn't hit a lot of her milestones and I want to continue keeping track of her growth until she reaches them.
2. These updates will force me to not get lazy in putting up new pictures of her on a regular basis.

So here we go!

  • She is still crawling everyone she goes but last week she started doing this adorable monkey crawl where she's on her feet and hands. I'm so ready for her to take off and walk but I guess this is a step in the right direction.


  • Her vocabulary is picking up and she's learning some new words. She is now saying dog, please (all the time which makes mommy proud), and yes. She babbles constantly and it is so cute to see her carry on whole conversations in her own little language.

  • She's starting to understand the purpose of a phone and will hold it up to her ear when she gets a hold of one. It's really cute to watch but she also likes to push all the buttons. She has been known to hang up on quite a few people when I let her talk to them.

  • She finally hit 20 pounds (Woo Hoo!!) but is still a little small for her age. She's not the greatest eater (obviously she doesn't have mommy's appetite) and usually just picks at her food. Luckily, she's not real picky in terms of what she'll eat. She'll eat most anything but not large amounts of it.
Go Gamecocks!! (But not really. Mommy is a Clemson fan but we have to support Uncle Jon's Alma Mater.)


  • Bananas are her favorite food. I will give her a whole banana and she'll finish it in about 5 minutes! 


  • She takes two really good naps everyday. She sleeps for about 2-3 hours in the morning and then about 2 hours in the afternoon. Nighttime is also getting better. She still gets up anywhere from 2-4 a.m. and sometimes will go back to sleep in her crib but sometimes will want to sleep with Kevin and me. Of course, we don't mind that extra snuggling with her and are just thankful that she sleeps most of the night in her crib.
Blakely, you amaze me everyday!! I will tell you every day of your life how much I love and treasure you!

No comments:

Post a Comment