Friday, August 17, 2012

Blakely 14 Months


I've said it before and I'm going to say it again..and again...and again...

Blakely is growing WAY too fast and getting so big. She has learned so many new things this month I just don't know where to begin. Oh wait, yes I do...

SHE'S WALKING! (I think that milestone deserves all caps)
About two weeks ago, Kevin came home from work and said, "Blakely, walk to daddy." And so she did! Then over the next few days, she started taking more and more steps. Now, she pretty much walks everywhere (with a few tumbles still of course). She's still a little unsteady on her feet but she's trying so hard. However, when she decides she needs to get somewhere quickly, she'll immediately get down and just take off crawling.

  • Her vocabulary is still mostly comprised of her own invented words but she's gotten some new ones down.  Nana and Papa, milk, juice, play and cheese have been added this month.

  • When you ask her what a bear says, she goes, "Raaaar." Actually, she does that with any animal but the bear is the cutest because it actually makes sense.

  • She is learning to play by herself which is great! She can entertain herself with the remote, uh I mean her toys, for a while and it frees me up to get things done.
She's ready to go walking with Mommy!
  • She spent her first...and second and third nights away from Kevin and me this week. Actually, she's been away from Kevin before but never me. It was hard but also great to get away. Our second anniversary was this week and so we decided to take our first vacation since our honeymoon together for a few days. Blakely had a great time with Nana and Papa while Mommy and Daddy went to Atlantic City. We missed her so much and were racing each other to the front door when we got back to see who could get to her first. 

  • She has learned what "inside voice" means. We'll be riding down the road and she'll start screaming. I'll say, "Blakely, inside voice," and then she starts whisper screaming. 
 
  • She has learned to click her tongue and loves doing it. She knows it gets a laugh from others so she does it quite frequently.

It has been so wonderful being with her everyday during my summer break. I go back to work next week and will miss her like crazy during the day. But I know she will have a great time with her Nana and cousins while Mommy is at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment