Saturday, March 17, 2012

Girl Scout Thin Mint Cupcakes


One word...Bombdiggity! That's what one of my students said when I made these cupcakes for his class this week. I'm going to agree. They're pretty good....pretty, darn good!

I used my normal dark chocolate cupcake recipe but added 10 crushed Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies to the batter. I frosted the cupcakes with mint cream cheese frosting and then crushed 8 more cookies and put them on top. Recipe makes about 24 cupcakes.

Enjoy!

Mint Creme Cheese Frosting
  • 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
  • 1 stick butter (softened)
  • 1 box confectioner's sugar (3 1/2 cups)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/3 tsp. peppermint extract
  • green food coloring (optional)
1. Beat together cream cheese and butter with paddle attachment until well blended.
2. Add vanilla and peppermint extracts.
3. Add confectioner's sugar one cup at a time until you like the sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment