One word...Bombdiggity! That's what one of my students said when I made these cupcakes for his class this week. I'm going to agree. They're pretty good....pretty, darn good!
I used my normal dark chocolate cupcake recipe but added 10 crushed Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies to the batter. I frosted the cupcakes with mint cream cheese frosting and then crushed 8 more cookies and put them on top. Recipe makes about 24 cupcakes.
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1 stick butter (softened)
- 1 box confectioner's sugar (3 1/2 cups)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp. peppermint extract
- green food coloring (optional)
2. Add vanilla and peppermint extracts.
3. Add confectioner's sugar one cup at a time until you like the sweetness.