I saw this idea on Pinterest and just knew I had to do it. I made a vanilla cupcake and added cinnamon. Then made a whipped cream cheese frosting and added crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Yum!!
Cupcakes (Makes about 18)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- **1 3/4 cups cake flour (see note)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Using a spatula or fork, mix together well to break up any clumps created from the vanilla.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the sugar and vanilla mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add butter and mix on medium-low speed.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until just combined.
- Slowly add milk and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Add in cinnamon.
- Fill cupcake liners just over 1/2 full.
- Bake for 14 minutes and then test to see if they are done.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- **1 1/4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- **2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- **1 1/2 cups crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- In a small bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.
- Mix in crushed cereal.