Friday, February 27, 2015

9 Months!!


Well this is a first! I am actually doing a post on time rather than really late in the month. Today Rowan is 9 months old! It is really hard to believe that she has now been alive for as long as I was pregnant. It actually makes the pregnancy seem really long since I can't imagine a time without her in my life.
She is changing so much now and it is fun watching her learn new things everyday. The biggest accomplishment this past month is that she has finally learned to crawl! She is super active now and is moving everywhere. It's also a great way for her to get some exercise. I make her crawl to whatever she wants and don't carry her around the house anymore. Plus it tires her out which is great for getting her to take a nap. :)
She is also trying to pull up and is starting to at least get up on one knee. She hasn't quite mastered pulling up all the way but I don't think it will be too much longer. We lowered her crib to the middle but I think it's time we lower it all the way.
She has been a little fussier than normal lately because she is getting in her top teeth. Since she has started getting teeth, I have started feeding her some table food. Her favorite is pancakes and Cheerios for breakfast. She makes a giant mess but loves being able to feed herself. We've also tried some mashed potatoes and applesauce.
She is weighing somewhere around 25 pounds and wears 18-24 month clothing. She is still really big for her age but I'm hoping that with crawling and eventually walking, she'll begin to slim down some. She is also wearing size 5 diapers which is really funny since Blakely only ever made it to size 5 before being potty trained at 2 1/2 years old. At this rate, she'll grow out of diapers really quickly which could be a good incentive to potty train early. :)


Rowan also got to experience her first snow this month. She wasn't really impressed by it at first but eventually warmed up to it enough to let me take her picture in it. My sweet little snow bunny!!
She has started saying "Dada" but has yet to say "Mama." But we're still working on it. Of course, Blakely keeps trying to get to to say "Bakey" so we'll see which one she says first!

Happy 9 months my sweet girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment