Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day


For my sweet and wonderful husband on Father's Day, I decided to make him a very special gift to remind him of how much I love him. I'm pretty sure I saw this idea on Pinterest. After all, that's where all good ideas come from!
I have actually been working on this since January and was hoping to finish it for Valentine's Day, but it was a pretty time consuming project so I didn't finish it until recently. Therefore, I decided it would be the perfect gift for Father's Day so he would be reminded of how much I appreciate him and all he does for Blakely and me.
Here are some of the top reasons I love my sweet husband!



One of the things I loved most about Kevin when we started dating was how close he was to his family. It is so important for him to maintain a good relationship with not only his family, but mine as well.



Kevin loves being a dad and he just lights up when he plays with Blakely. I love that!!


 Since my family lives all over the country, I don't get to see them that often. However, when they do get to visit, putting them in a hotel isn't an option for Kevin. Our house is pretty small and some husbands would gently suggest that the family stay in a hotel. But Kevin knows how important it is for me to be near my family and he really enjoys the extra time he gets to spend with them as well.



Kevin makes an effort to set aside money so I can fly to South Dakota or drive to Atlanta several times a year to see my family. There have also been times that he's offered to help fly my parents here to see us. I love that he makes my family a priority!



Our house is full of little trinkets and knick knacks. Why you ask?? Because my husband doesn't like to throw anything away. At times, it has been a source of contention for us because I don't understand it. I've moved so much in my life that I've learned to throw out stuff I don't need anymore. But Kevin likes to hang on to pretty much everything. Although it can drive me crazy, I love how sentimental he is and how even small items mean so much to him.

I've always joked that if I have an appointment somewhere at 5:00, I'll be there at 4:30. I HATE being late to places and I think Kevin is the one person who hates it more that me. With him, I never have to worry about being late or causing other people to wait on us.


When we were dating, I loved that I knew where I stood with Kevin in regards to his feelings for me. I didn't have to wonder about how he felt. He was so open and honest and he worked hard to pursue me. After dating for 8 weeks, he sat down with my dad and told him that he intended to marry me one day. He didn't take our relationship lightly and that was so attractive to me.



Every afternoon when Kevin gets home, he likes for all of us to lay down and spend some time together. I know he's tired after working two jobs but he also wants to make an effort to spend time with Blakely and me. Blakely loves this time as well. She crawls all over Kevin and loves playing peek-a-boo under the covers. It's a special time every day for the three of us.
To my sweet husband on Father's Day, I couldn't imagine taking this journey with anyone else. I love you so much and am so thankful that God saw fit to put us together. Thank you for being such an amazing husband and father. Thank you for working so hard to provide for our family. You are an amazing man!

No comments:

Post a Comment