Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tiramisu-ish Cupcakes



I found this amazing recipe for Tiramisu cupcakes and I was dying to make them. But, I had a really hard time finding all the necessary ingredients. So, I took what I had and made my own simpler version of Tiramisu cupcakes. They are really more of a yellow cake with a Tiramisu marscapone frosting, but nevertheless I think they are really tasty.

Cupcakes (Makes about 18)

  • 2 cups sifted flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons of coffee ( I actually just used some of my morning coffee that I had already made but you can substitute espresso for more of a coffee taste).
Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream.
4. Add in the coffee.
6. Bake for 14-17 minutes.
7. Let them cool.
8. Add the frosting.
9. Sprinkle cocoa powder on top.

Frosting

  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 8 oz. Tiramisu Marscapone cheese
1. Put whipping cream in a mixer and whisk on high until stiff peaks form.
2. Mix confectioner's sugar, vanilla, and cheese together in a separate bowl.
3. Add your sugar mixture into your bowl with the whipping cream. You can either fold the sugar mixture in or beat it with the mixture to get a fluffier frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment